1895 – Club Formation
In 1895 the Kennedya Tennis Club was formed at Henry Perdriau’s private court in Copeland Road , Beecroft. The Club was named after the red flowering vine which grew profusely in the district.
1898 – Village Green Opened
In 1898 when membership became too large for the one court, the Trustees of The Village Green were requested to lease at a nominal rental about half an acre of land at the southern end of the Green for two courts. Upon agreement to the lease, the Club signed a contract with Mr. George Willis in August 1898 to construct two gravel courts at a cost of nearly £50. Play commenced on these two courts in mid-November 1898.
1902 – Additional Court
By 1902 three courts and a small pavilion catered for 35 – 40 regular players.
1911 – News Worthy
On 3 May 1911 the Cumberland Argus Newspaper reported that Beecroft Tennis Club ladies team, Miss Murray and Miss Searle defeated a Burwood pair in a tournament at Burwood.
1912 – First Open Tournament
In 10 January 1912, the Beecroft Tennis Club ran an open tournament. 16 pairs of keen players entered to play in the tournament.
1916 – Red Cross Tennis Competition
In mid November 1916 a Red Cross Tennis Competition was held on the courts of the Beecroft and Cheltenham Tennis Clubs. Sixty pairs took part and £25 26s was raised.
1917 – From Gravel to Turf
In March 1917 the Trustees of The Village Green agreed to lease to the Beecroft Tennis Club sufficient land to convert the current 3 gravel courts to turf and to construct two new grass courts. The estimated cost of £150 50s was borrowed and the remainder was put up by Club members. The Club was to pay a rental of £5 for the use of this land.
1919 – Let Us Entertain You
In June 1919 the Beecroft Tennis Club put on entertainment to raise funds to carry out improvements to the grounds.